Baramulla, 26 Aug 2020
A major tragedy was averted by troops of Nihalpura camp by controlling the spread of fire that broke out at the house of Showkat Ah naikoo s/o Ab Rasool Naikoo of Guiwa .The reason of fire was short circuit followed by gas cylinder blast. A local info about the incident to Nihalpura Army camp. Troops immediately rushed along with fire fighting equipment and were joined by the Fire Brigade department of Pattan to douse the fire.
With the assistance of locals, fire brigade and Army personnel the fire was extinguished thereby preventing futher spread to near by houses and loss of life. Army also arranged necessary assistance from Civ Adm and also provided ration to assist the locals in this tragic moment..