A numberdar of Chadder village of Kulgam district died of electrocution on Friday afternoon.
An official told that numberdar was repairing an electricity wire outside his home on friday afternoon when he received an electric shock.
The deceased has been identified as Ghulam Rasool Dar, son of Abdul Rahman Dar of Chadder Kulgam.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital in an unconscious condition for treatment where the doctors declared him dead.
Ghulam Rasool Dar was the village head (numberdar) of Chadder village in Kulgam district