If you want to be different then join the army!
By: M S Nazki
Seeking adventure, the urge to do the impossible, knowing your own ability, oozing with confidence, a never say die attitude are a pointer towards only one direction, ‘soldiering is the profession you are meant for’!
- Incidentally this is a fact!
- Basically, motivation is only your motor, remember to steer toward the right destination. This is what the Indian Army as trying to drill into the minds of the young boys of Samote, Budhal and adjoining areas as they gave them a pep talk in joining the Indian army through various training institutions.
- The aim in life should be to remain kind to your whole self, your need to be empathic as well as survive, and your whole self will collude to bring you success. What better achievement in life other than selflessly serving the Nation and as the need arises to do anything and everything for the people?
- The example to be emulated are of the officers and the men serving in the border District of Rajouri where the primary aim is to safeguard the LOC and the secondary is to help the people and show the youth the right direction to move on.
- Without hard work and dedication to achieve something nothing can move. When you know your motivation, you will know who you really are, and in that moment is an opportunity to accept and continue, or make change to become a person you would admire far more. This is what the army has been preaching the youth and the good thing to see that the young are showing the requisite enthusiasm.
- Success is a calm jog that you undertake every day in a good, quiet and sensible routine you could keep up forever. Because whatever said and done there has to be plenty of distance to be traveled in life, how much is not. Consistency is a must and that provides the fuel and your urge does the rest. That was the crux of the lecture today organized by the Indian army.
- Today everyone aspires to do well in this highly competitive world. The savvy person makes a goal and a realistic amount of progress that can be made daily in a sustainable manner, the rest of their time is devote to love and joy. All success stories are based on this principle of life and this is what the Indian Army is trying to tell the youth here through awareness drives and lectures. The good thing is that the youth are listening!
*The youth have realized that doing the right thing usually costs rather than pays, but it sure does bring health to the heart. The young boys and girls of Rajouri are realizing that of all the things in their life that hold a lasting significance, it is those right things that shine bright. They say that they are no saints, no heroes either, but have integrity and honor. Yes in the past perhaps our elders got it wrong, let’s rewind and have another go, doing the right thing is what really pays, because the other path will cost your soul, not all at once or in chunks you could notice, but just a sliver at a time. Trust me the realization has set in and that is all because of the great and magnificent hard work put in by the Indian Army and the Jammu and Kashmir Police!
*If the situation is peaceful in Rajouri then it is because of the hard work put in by the men in uniform. They fought on two fronts. One was to dismiss the brutality unleashed by terrorism and the second one was to chase the fear out of the psyches of the people. Both ways they have been mightily successful!
- They have not left it off. The show goes on and so does the response which is great for District Rajouri.
The people here love the Indian Army and the reason is not one but a plethora of them. Incidents are far too many and have accumulated in the form of interesting anecdotes which act as motivational and inspirational beacons for those who want to take giant strides forward into a world which is always new for the new kids off the blocks. There is always that first time in the lives of human beings and there is an age when that plunge has to be taken.
The youth today know that when you work for the benefit of all humanity, appreciated or not by your contemporaries or community, the good universe colludes to raise you up and bring opportunities. The evil force will do the opposite. When you learn how to make each curse a blessing, to learn from pain and be led through your sense of love and integrity, then you win great things for all. That is the way of the hero and a champion. The kids prior to this generation were not so lucky as they saw the worst of humanity, the bloodshed, death and devastation. Though they emerged out of it yet they lost something on the way, it was time and age but these kids have been born in a new era, an era of real freedom from fear and susceptibility to circumstances. Everything has changed for the good and hence it is the best time to rise like a phoenix and prove to the world that the kids from Rajouri have arrived! They really have indeed!
Keeping their good work to the forefront Indian army today organized yet another motivational lecture for the youth. The idea was let the youth know what feeling inspired was all about. The thematic undercurrent thus swayed the minds by telling them that feeling inspired is a revving of the creative engines, it is the spark that ignites the gathered fuel into a glorious warming hearth. What exactly happened goes something like this:
- Keeping the growing aspirations of the local youth of the region to ‘Join the Army’ in mind, a local Army unit conducted an online orientation lecture on ‘Join Army and Live a Life Less Ordinary’ at Samote and Budhal.
- During the lecture, the speaker emphasized that employment is a major concern of every youth in the border district and thus the eligible and aspiring youth should prepare and participate in different recruitment rallies being conducted by Recruitment Agencies to join this noble career.
- The online motivational talk was attended by a large number of students and youth of Samote and Budhal and adjoining areas with great zeal and enthusiasm.
- Those who attended were imparted awareness about the physical and educational requirements and the selection process for various types of entries into the services like National Defense Academy (NDA), Combined Defense Services (CDS), Indian Military Academy (IMA) and Officer Training Academy (OTA) etc.
- In the course of the online talk, the students were also briefed about the detailed selection procedure. A total of 26 students participated in the lecture.
- Well this was interesting as those attending the lecture heard everything with rapt attention and took down the points for the revision and thereafter beginning practically as to what was said theoretically.
For sure this was really inspirational and the youth are really thankful to the Indian Army for guiding them. They may not be over expressive yet heart to heart they do think, you inspired us because you put solid ground under our feet. You gave us a reason to believe in ourselves and our intelligence. It is a gift you have given to us, bringing out the best in us and we are so very glad that we met. Trust me this is no exaggeration. This is a fact. Finally I will conclude by saying that to inspire others is one of the highest of highs. It brings a profound sense of goodness when you realize that upon their road you were the signpost they needed! That’s what the Indian Army does. They come, they see, spread a message and they vanish!