Our Impact: Finally Mendhar gets an oxygen generating plant!
By: M S Nazki
At last something good has happened for the Sub District Hospital Mendhar. It was a massive requirement and we had written a lot about the same!
- The people were in an extremely joyous mood as they came to know about it!
- To be honest the people of Mendhar are simple souls though the same cannot be said about those who think they are powerful and influential in the town. The Simple Simon’s are happy with whatever they get and the oxygen plant was like a boon for them.
- Seeing so many deaths occurring all over the Nation the people were really scared and suddenly oxygen had become a very precious commodity.
- Cease fire on the LOC was the biggest joy for them at the end of February this year and they thought that they would not be hurt or killed by lead and steel flying all over haphazardly as and when the Pak guns opened up. From that they did get relief but from the virus attack so far they weren’t getting any reprieve.
- On everyone’s mouth piece was the word oxygen which to everyone who latched on to the disease was an immediate antidote.
- Let us face it in case you test positive the immediate rush is to the hospital because that is the only hope. But even if the most important facility is not there then where else to go? This was haunting the people as jammu was a very far off option.
- The very thought was giving shudders down the spine to the people.
- But now with the equipment being approved and instructions from the Directorate of Health to immediately install the facility without delay has given hope and confidence to the people.
- The people here needed huge positive energy to fight against the negative forces. They were holding steadfastly, listening to the instructions being issued as regards the pathogen but were also in inhibition that what would happen if they got infected?
- Though the doctors and the medical staff in Sub District Hospital were prepared for any untoward eventuality but thankfully the situation remained under control and now with this plant coming in they are buoyant. But the bottom red line still remains the same, do not drop your guard!
To be honest the people were really scared and they were thinking that this was a sort of an alien attack. It was akin to Hollywood sci-fi blockbusters where a character says that If aliens wanted to exterminate us, they wouldn’t send a fleet of spaceships or a death star. They had just sent one guy with a deadly virus. And the virus was on a killing spree. Death too has become just a number. In these Covid times, a score and at times while seeing the tally one tends to become numb. Having seen so much. Another death fails to move or have any impact. It is just a number. This was what was going on in the minds of people Incidentally it still is but the realization has come to every family in Mendhar, talk about things, be safe and free but inside your homes and follow the protocols laid down or otherwise you are staring down a hell hole.
I The administration moves in to improve the health infrastructure:
- 15 oxygen plants were approved for various hospitals at Districts levels in UT Jammu. Out of the 15 places the name of Sub District Hospital Mendhar also figured and thereafter the people heaved a sigh of relief. Had to be that way because the other day they were raising hue and cry about the same.
- From the Directorate of Health services emanated a letter duly signed by Deputy Director, Planning and the Nodal Officer Deepa Sharma. The nomenclature of the letter was DHSJ/PLG/EXE/2021-22/440-40, Dated 24/05/2921.
- The letter was regarding oxygen generation plants for different health institutions under the CRR component of JTFRP. The letter further gave away the purpose, names of the health institutions where they were to be installed.
- The document was addressed to Chief Medical officers (CMO’s) at district levels with a cliché that plants being given have to be installed without delay.
- Obviously the instructions had to be crisp and to the point which in every sense they were.
- With this no dearth of oxygen should be felt by the people, but why let this eventuality be given a shape. If you avoid getting infected then it means you will infect no one, so be safe and let others also feel the same way.
- Getting the nozzle up your nose or in the mouth or being on a ventilator should not be ever thought off! For that safety first is the key and of course doing the basics right. Those who did not eventually landed in hospitals!
This dreadful phenomenon will end but it is we who have to be patient. It is not the time to hurry up into things as that could be dangerous, just wait and for the information of all, even the most stubborn darkness fades away in front of one tiny flame. This too will! The holy trinity of tackling this crisis is unity, faith and sacrifice. We must stay united as humans above all else, we must have faith in ourselves and in each other and we must sacrifice our self-obsession. Remember we all are in this wretched widow spider swamp together but we will come out of it holding each other’s hands! Let’s be patient for the time being!