Police alongwith security forces have busted a narco-terror funding module of proscribed terror outfit LeT by arresting 04 terrorist associates. Incriminating materials, explosives, ammunition and vehicles recovered from their possession.
Police in Budgam along with 53RR and 181Bn CRPF arrested four terrorist associates identified as
1) Younis Manzoor son of Manzoor Ahmed Waza
2) Mehboob Ahmed son of Mohd Ramzan Sheikh both residents of Wathoora Chadoora, 3) Irshad Ahmad Ganie son of Mohd Amin Ganie resident of Arigam Khansahib and
4) Muzaffar Ahmad son of Ghulam Nabi Bhat resident of Parnewa Khansahib.
Preliminary investigation revealed that the arrested terrorist associates were involved in providing logistic support to proscribed terror outfit LeT by distributing proceeds of narcotics to active terrorists and terror operatives of the outfit. Investigations also revealed that module has been working on the directions of terror operatives for collection of narcotics and subsequently distributing the proceeds of narcotics among the terrorists.
Moreover, 05 vehicles viz,
1) Wagon-R JK16A-5491
2) Alto-800 JK13G-2360
3) Alto-800 JK04G-0524
4) Tata Mobile JK 12A/3618 and
5) Yamaha Motorbike JK01AH-8994 have also been seized which have been purchased from the proceeds of narcotics sales with the intention of keeping the money/proceeds safe and were set to be sold on the directions of active terrorists or terror operatives (handlers) as and when the money/payment was required by the terrorists.
Besides, incriminating material of proscribed terror outfit LeT, explosive substance including 03 grenades, 02 AK-Magazines and 65 rounds of AK-47 were recovered from their possession.
Accordingly, a case FIR number 116/ 2022 under relevant sections of law has been registered at Police Station Chadoora and further investigation is in progress.